- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
Arsenal boss offers injury update on Jack Wilshere & Tomas Rosicky
Arsene Wenger has offered an update on Jack Wilshere and Tomas Rosicky after confirming the duo will step-up their injury returns by playing for the Arsenal U21′s on Friday.
Wilshere has been on the sidelines for the entire season so far after struggling to recover from a fractured fibula that he suffered in pre-season training way back in August.
The 24-year-old returned to light training last month and will now take his next step towards finally making his first team comeback by turning out for the under-21′s against Newcastle on Friday night.
Rosicky has also endured another injury-plagued campaign with the midfielder missing the first six months of the season with a knee injury before suffering a thigh problem just 15 minutes in to his comeback against Hull.
With the 35-year-old’s contract set to expire in June, many thought that Rosicky had played his last game for the club, however, he still has a chance of making another appearance for the first team as he’s made a swift recovery and will join Wilshere in playing for the under-21′s tomorrow.
Wenger confirmed the news at his pre-match press conference this morning ahead of our game with West Ham this weekend. The boss is quoted as saying by London24:
Wilshere and Rosicky will play on Friday night.
Let’s hope Jack can come through the game tomorrow unscathed but I suspect he might need another run-out for the under-21′s before he’ll be in contention to make his first team comeback, so we might not see him until later on this month if all goes to plan.