- Wenger speaks out on reported interest in world class attacker
- Arsenal in talks over signing of Ligue 1 attacker
- Arsenal boss confirms star has signed deal until 2018
- Arsenal boss confirms quadruple injury boost but attacker ruled out
- Midfield ‘hardman’ reveals reason behind failed Arsenal move
- [Photos] Arsenal fitness boost: quartet snapped in training today
- Arsenal legend: Sanchez could be heading to Bayern Munich
- Arsenal contract talks update: Wilshere, The Ox, Ozil, Alexis & more
- Barcelona midfielder confirms approach from Arsenal
- Arsenal boss lining-up big-money offer for Serie A hitman
Arsenal dealt blow as Wenger rules star out for up to a month
Arsenal have been dealt a major blow after Arsene Wenger confirmed that Santi Cazorla has been ruled out for up to another month as he looks to recovery from a knee injury.
Cazorla has been on the sidelines since suffering knee ligament damage during our draw with Norwich City at Carrow Road at the end of November last year.
The Spanish international was initially ruled out for around three months but his comeback was then delayed until the end of March at the earliest.
There were reports during the international break that Cazorla had suffered a setback in his recovery and it appears those rumours were accurate as Wenger has now confirmed that the midfielder is still at least three weeks away from full fitness.
Speaking to Arsenal.com today, Arsene revealed that while Santi is back running outside, the 31-year-old won’t be available for selection until the end of April.
Santi Cazorla is running again outside so it should be three to four weeks more training for Santi.
It’s a huge blow as we’ve sorely missed Cazorla in recent months as with Jack Wilshere also out, we haven’t had a deep lying ball player in midfield who can help make a quick transition from defence to attack.
I genuinely believe that we would be top of the table had Cazorla stayed fit but unfortunately the title will probably be beyond us by the time he eventually makes his return in three-to-four weeks time.