- “I’m happy in London” – Sanchez offers huge update on Arsenal future
- Arsenal star to be given fitness check ahead of Man City clash
- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
Arsenal dealt blow as Wenger rules star out for up to a month
Arsenal have been dealt a major blow after Arsene Wenger confirmed that Santi Cazorla has been ruled out for up to another month as he looks to recovery from a knee injury.
Cazorla has been on the sidelines since suffering knee ligament damage during our draw with Norwich City at Carrow Road at the end of November last year.
The Spanish international was initially ruled out for around three months but his comeback was then delayed until the end of March at the earliest.
There were reports during the international break that Cazorla had suffered a setback in his recovery and it appears those rumours were accurate as Wenger has now confirmed that the midfielder is still at least three weeks away from full fitness.
Speaking to Arsenal.com today, Arsene revealed that while Santi is back running outside, the 31-year-old won’t be available for selection until the end of April.
Santi Cazorla is running again outside so it should be three to four weeks more training for Santi.
It’s a huge blow as we’ve sorely missed Cazorla in recent months as with Jack Wilshere also out, we haven’t had a deep lying ball player in midfield who can help make a quick transition from defence to attack.
I genuinely believe that we would be top of the table had Cazorla stayed fit but unfortunately the title will probably be beyond us by the time he eventually makes his return in three-to-four weeks time.