- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
Arsene Wenger offers Mesut Ozil injury update….
Arsene Wenger has offered an injury update on Mesut Ozil after the playmaker was forced off with an ankle problem during today’s 2-0 win at Everton.
Ozil once again started in the number 10 role at Goodison Park and was linking up well with the likes of Alexis Sanchez, Danny Welbeck and Alex Iwobi throughout the game.
The German international played a key role in the opener as he played a superb one-two with Sanchez in the build-up to Welbeck’s goal before Iwobi sealed the win with a lovely strike before half-time.
However, Ozil failed to last the full ninety minutes after limping off in the 74th minute having picked up an ankle problem.
Speaking after the game, Wenger confirmed that Ozil has hurt his ankle but appeared to play down the injury by saying it looks like a minor knock rather than a ligament problem.
He told Arsenal.com:
It is an ankle problem, but it looks more of a kick than a ligament problem.
Arsene then told journalists that he expected the attacker to be back in a matter of days, which would obviously come as a huge relief [see the below tweet].
We’ll have to wait and see whether Mesut is pulled from Germany’s upcoming friendlies, but unless the injury proves to be far more serious than first feared, Ozil should be available for our clash with Watford after the international break.
Arsene Wenger says Ozil and Ospina should be OK "in a few days."
— Mattias Karén (@MattiasKaren) March 19, 2016