- Arsenal ready to move for £40m Spaniard, Liverpool also keen
- Arsenal eye move for Czech Republic star – Coquelin replacement?
- Fixture change: Arsenal v Man Utd clash rescheduled for live TV
- Arsenal boss confirms key man has been ruled out for the season
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Cech, Sanchez, Ozil & Perez
- “I’m happy in London” – Sanchez offers huge update on Arsenal future
- Arsenal star to be given fitness check ahead of Man City clash
- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
Wenger’s injury update on Ramsey, Cech, Wilshere, Cazorla & more
Arsene Wenger has given Arsenal.com a full team news and injury update ahead of Arsenal’s trip to Goodison Park to take on Everton on Saturday lunchtime.
The boss confirmed that yet another midfielder has been sidelined after Mathieu Flamini was ruled out with a hamstring injury which forced him off against Barcelona on Wednesday night. Calum Chambers will replace Flamini in the squad tomorrow but otherwise we should see a similar squad to the one that faced Barca in midweek.
Arsene then gave an update on the fitness of several of our injured players with the boss confirming that Jack Wilshere is progressing well in his recovery from a fractured fibula which has already kept him out of the entire season so far.
There wasn’t such positive news on Santi Cazorla as the boss says he is taking a little longer than expected to recover from a knee injury which he suffered back in November.
Wenger doesn’t offer any clear indication as to when the midfielder’s will be available but says it won’t be immediately after the upcoming international break.
However, the boss did reveal that Aaron Ramsey and Petr Cech are set to return from their injuries after the interlull with the duo potentially making their comebacks against Watford on April 2nd, while Flamini could also be back in contention against the Hornets.
Here is what Arsene said earlier:
on the team news…
Well, the other night we lost Mathieu Flamini with a hamstring injury, so he will be out. He will be replaced by Chambers. Everybody else should be available. We have a check-up this [Friday] morning, but all the other signs look quite positive.
on Cech, Cazorla, Ramsey, Wilshere…
Wilshere is showing good signs now of recovery, Santi is a bit slower. The players who will definitely be back from injury [after the international break] will be Ramsey, Cech and maybe Flamini. But I don’t think Cazorla or Wilshere will be straight after the international break.
So we head to Goodison Park without a number of key players with Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Tomas Rosicky joining Ramsey, Cech, Wilshere, Cazorla and Flamini in missing the trip to Merseyside for what is a must-win game if we’re to retain any slim hopes of winning the title.