- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
Video: Arsenal 1-2 Watford: Lackluster Gunners crash out
Arsenal’s season has gone from bad to worse after crashing out of the FA Cup thanks to a 2-1 defeat to Watford at the Emirates this afternoon.
We barely got out of first gear in the first half in which the ‘highlight’ was Gabriel being fortunate to stay on the pitch following a two-footed lunge on Troy Deeney.
The game came to life after the break but unfortunately it was Watford who broke the deadlock as Odion Ighalo turned Gabriel before firing past David Ospina from close range in the 50th minute.
The Hornets then stunned the home crowd again after making it 2-0 just over 10 minutes later when Adlene Guedioura lashed home a stunner from the edge of the box.
As usual, we only really decided to try and play some football during the final 10 minutes of the game and we pulled one back when Danny Welbeck fired home after an excellent one-two with Mesut Ozil.
Welbeck then blew our big chance to force a replay as he somehow missed the target on the turn from 6 yards with the entire goal to aim at after Iwobi had hit the post as Watford held on to book their place in the semi finals.