- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
Ratings: Gabriel at fault but Ozil shines again for sorry Arsenal
Arsenal’s season has gone from bad to worse after crashing out of the FA Cup thanks to a 2-1 defeat to Watford at the Emirates this afternoon.
Ighalo put the visitors ahead just after half time before a stunner from Guedioura made it 2-0 ten minutes later. Welbeck pulled one back in the 88th minute but we couldn’t find an equaliser so crashed out of the cup.
Here are my ratings:
Ospina 6 – Beaten from close range for the first goal and didn’t get near the Guedioura thunderbolt. I’ve seen some suggest he could have done better but it was hit with such pace it would probably have taken his hands off.
Chambers 5.5 – Got in to some promising positions down the right but his final ball was dreadful. For me, he’s clearly a centre-back and not a full-back.
Mertesacker 6 – Excellent first half but partially at fault for the opener as he made no attempt to beat Deeney to the flick on.
Gabriel 5 – Very lucky not to be sent off for a two-footed tackle on Deeney and was at fault for opener as he lost out to Ighalo. There is much to admire about Gabriel but unfortunately he has a nasty habit of making mistakes.
Gibbs 5.5 – Like Chambers, Gibbs got forward on several occasions but couldn’t make the most of it with a decent deliver.
Elneny 6.5 – Missed a great chance in the first half as he sliced wide but he put in another encouraging display overall.
Coquelin 6.5 – Back in the side and did the simple things well enough, just didn’t have enough drive from the middle of the park.
Campbell 6 – Missed a great chance at the end of the first half and although he worked hard, he couldn’t really help create too much in the final third.
Ozil 7.5 – Played some outstanding passes and set up the Welbeck goal with a lovely back-heel. Shame he’s having to play with too many players not on his level right now.
Sanchez 6.5 – Another lively performance but sadly things just didn’t come off for him and he held on to the ball for too long at times.
Giroud 5 – Had little joy against a stubborn Watford defence. Hardly saw the ball other than missing a couple of half-chances before being replaced.
Welbeck 7 – Made a huge impact after scoring a fine goal but missed a sitter to make it 2-2.
Walcott 4 – Barely touched the ball.
Iwobi 5 – Hit the post with a decent effort.