- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Paul Merson makes his prediction ahead of Arsenal vs Watford
Arsenal legend Paul Merson has offered his prediction ahead of our FA Cup quarter final with Watford on Sunday and he’s backing us to book our place in the last four.
We entertain the Hornets at the Emirates this weekend after easing past Hull City 4-0 in our fifth round replay on Tuesday night and a place at Wembley now awaits the winners.
We were certainly back to something like our best during the second half at the KC Stadium but it’s at home where we seem to be having problems these days, so hopefully the planned boycott by some of our so-called ‘fans’ doesn’t disrupt the players too much.
Obviously we’re heavy favourites to progress and former winger Merson believes that we should have too much for a Watford side that have struggled in recent weeks.
Merse does express his concern that Wenger might rest some players ahead of the Barcelona game on Wednesday night, but still backs us to come out with a 2-0 win to book our place in the semi finals.
Writing in his column for Sky Sports News, Merson said:
Watford have hit a bit of a brick wall. They have done brilliantly this season, but it’s just started to catch up with them. They’re struggling to score goals and to win football matches.
This is a massive game for Arsenal. For me, this is their meaningful chance of silverware because I would be shocked if they won the league from here.
They are going to get absolutely rinsed in the Champions League, but my worry is Arsene Wenger could rest players for the Watford game and take his strongest team to Barcelona. It would not surprise me one bit, but this is a big game for Arsenal.
PAUL PREDICTS: 2-0
I’d certainly take a 2-0 win and as Merson says, the FA Cup is once again our most realistic chance of silverware unless Leicester fall apart over the next few weeks, so hopefully the boss will take the game seriously on Sunday…