- Wenger speaks out on reported interest in world class attacker
- Arsenal in talks over signing of Ligue 1 attacker
- Arsenal boss confirms star has signed deal until 2018
- Arsenal boss confirms quadruple injury boost but attacker ruled out
- Midfield ‘hardman’ reveals reason behind failed Arsenal move
- [Photos] Arsenal fitness boost: quartet snapped in training today
- Arsenal legend: Sanchez could be heading to Bayern Munich
- Arsenal contract talks update: Wilshere, The Ox, Ozil, Alexis & more
- Barcelona midfielder confirms approach from Arsenal
- Arsenal boss lining-up big-money offer for Serie A hitman
Kos & Giroud out in 4-2-3-1: My Arsenal XI To Face Watford
Arsenal entertain Watford at the Emirates in the quarter finals of the FA Cup on Sunday afternoon….this is the team I’d like to see Arsene Wenger go with.
Cech is out until after the international break so Ospina will once again start between the sticks on Sunday. To be fair to the Colombian, he’s done a fine job over the past couple of games.
Defence: Bellerin, Mertesacker, Gabriel, Gibbs
Koscielny is set to resume full training tomorrow and will have a late fitness test but I wouldn’t risk him. Gabriel is expected to shake off a minor hamstring injury which forced him off against Hull and even if he’s not 100%, we should go with Chambers alongside Mertesacker. There’s no point risking players at this stage of the season.
Bellerin will come back in after being rested in midweek but I also wouldn’t risk Monreal as he aggravated his calf problem against Hull. Gibbs has performed well over the past week so he can continue at left-back to give Nacho time to recover.
Midfield: Coquelin, Elneny
Coquelin is back from his one-game ban so will obviously come straight back in but Ramsey has been ruled out for a month with a thigh injury. With Wilshere, Cazorla, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Rosicky still out, the only back-up we’ve got is Flamini but I’d certainly stick with Elneny in the middle of the park. He’s put in some encouraging displays and I’d like to see him alongside Coquelin again.
Attack: Walcott, Ozil, Sanchez
Ozil and Sanchez were rested against Hull so they should be fresh on Sunday. Welbeck is also expected to get a recall but it will be interesting to see who Arsene leaves out after both Walcott and Giroud bagged braces at the KC Stadium.
Theo had a very poor first half but showed his threat with an assist and two goals after the break and I’d go with him on the right-wing against Watford….
That would see Welbeck start up front with Giroud given a rest. The big man scored a couple of decent goals in midweek but he can have a breather ahead of the Barcelona game.
This would be my line-up:
I know we’ve got a daunting trip to the Nou Camp to worry about but I think we all know there’s practically no hope of us turning around a 2-0 deficit at Barca so the FA Cup has to be the priority of the two games.
Play our best side on Sunday, book another date at Wembley in the semi’s and then worry about Barca after….