- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
Arsene Wenger offers Aaron Ramsey injury update
Arsene Wenger has revealed that Aaron Ramsey is expected to be out of action for around four weeks with a thigh injury.
Ramsey was forced off just 15 minutes after coming on as a second half substitute against Hull City in midweek having suffered a thigh injury.
Wenger initially thought it was a minor problem before some corners of the media suggested the midfielder was likely to miss up to six weeks after suffering a tear.
However, speaking to the media at his press conference this afternoon ahead of Sunday’s FA Cup clash with Watford, the boss confirmed to reporters that Ramsey is now expected to be out for around four weeks.
It means that the 25-year-old is set to miss this weekend’s action as well as forthcoming games against Barcelona, Everton and Watford but he could be back in contention for the trip to West Ham on April 9th.
Losing Ramsey is obviously a big blow, especially when you consider we’re already without Jack Wilshere, Santi Cazorla, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Tomas Rosicky so the boss is low on central midfield options right now.
It looks like Mohamed Elneny is now going to have to play a key role over the coming weeks as he’ll be favourite to start alongside Francis Coquelin in the middle of the park.
Our injury record is becoming a joke and I truly despair being an Arsenal fan right now. I might just go and start a cricket blog instead….cricketers never pick up injuries, right?!
Wenger says "Ramsey clinical signs quote positive. 4 weeks. Bit worse than I thought"
— Gary Jacob (@garyjacob) March 11, 2016