- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
Video: Watch on-loan Arsenal striker get sent off for nasty elbow
On-loan Arsenal striker Yaya Sanogo was sent off for a nasty elbow during Charlton’s 0-0 draw with MK Dons on Tuesday night.
Sanogo has failed to make the grade at Arsenal and joined Charlton on loan last month after seeing his spell at Ajax cut short having made just four substitute appearances during his time in Holland.
After a slow start to life at the Valley, it looked like the striker had finally found his feet after scoring a brilliant hat-trick during the Addicks 3-4 loss to Reading two weeks ago.
However, Sanogo hit the headlines for all the wrong reasons last night after being sent off for a nasty elbow during the closing stages of Charlton’s 0-0 draw with MK Dons.
As you can see form the video below, Yaya plants his elbow in to the face of defender Antony Kay off the ball for no apparent reason and was immediately dismissed from the field, with Dons manager Karl Robinson calling for the striker to be banned for the rest of the season.
It was a feisty game at the Valley but there was no need for Sanogo to do what he did, so he’s rightly being condemned for his actions and I’m sure he’s done little to impress Arsene Wenger last night.
Check out a video of the incident here:
Sanogo sent off for this elbow last night. MK Dons manager says 'he should be banned for rest of the season'. pic.twitter.com/bLcpcX7GmO
— Chris Wheatley (@GoonerTalk) March 9, 2016