- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
[Tweet] Injury update: Arsenal ace vows to return ‘asap’
Arsenal star Santi Cazorla has vowed to return as soon as possible after posting an injury update on Twitter this afternoon.
Cazorla has been on the sidelines recovering from a serious knee injury that he suffered during our game at Norwich City back in November.
There were reports last week suggesting that the 31-year-old could be out for the rest of the season after supposedly suffering a set-back in training.
However, Santi was quick to dismiss those rumours and insisted on Twitter last week that he was still on course to make his return in early April.
The midfielder has now taken to the micro-blogging site once again today to share a video of him working out along with a message that says he’s working hard to return to action ‘asap’.
— Santi Cazorla (@19SCazorla) March 9, 2016
Let’s hope Santi can get back on the pitch quickly as we could certainly do with him right now with Aaron Ramsey set for a spell on the sidelines with another thigh problem.
Rambo was forced off just 15 minutes after coming off the bench during our 4-0 win at Hull and Arsene admitted after the game he’s concerned about the Welshman’s latest injury.
With Jack Wilshere, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Tomas Rosicky and Mikel Arteta still not available, the boss suddenly has a problem in the middle of the park so Cazorla’s return would be a huge boost.
He’s not expected back any time this month but hopefully he’ll be available for selection after the upcoming international break when we take on Watford on April 2nd.