- Arsenal boss lining-up big-money offer for Serie A hitman
- Arsenal star commits future to club after agreeing new contract
- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
“I’ve signed a 5-year contract” – midfielder confirms Arsenal move
Arsenal have signed Nigerian wonderkid Kelechi Nwakali on a five-year deal, the player has confirmed today.
Nwakali has been strongly linked with a move to Arsenal in recent months after he caught the eye of our scouts at the Under-17 World Cup last year.
The 17-year-old played a key role to help the Super Eagles lift the trophy in Chile with Nwakali named as the tournaments best player after a string of excellent displays.
His potential attracted interest from a whole host of top European clubs but it soon became apparent that Arsenal were closing in on his signature.
The Express reported at the end of January that the teenager had flown to London to undergo his medical discuss personal terms, while he was also shown around the clubs facilities.
We were waiting on his visa application going through but that stumbling block has also been overcome and it appears everything has now been agreed as Nwakali has confirmed he’s signed a five-year deal with the club.
The box-to-box midfielder revealed that there was plenty of interest in his services but he couldn’t turn down the opportunity to play for Arsenal having supported the club since he was a child.
He’s quoted as saying in the Mirror:
“I just came back from London, I have signed a five-year contract with Arsenal.
“So many teams were interested in me but it has been my dream at a tender age to play for Arsenal.”
The youngster is now back in Nigeria and will officially complete his move to North London when he turns 18 in June, with the Mirror claiming that we’ll pay the Diamond Football Academy £3m for his signature.
Nwakali is a central midfielder and has drawn comparisons with Patrick Vieira for his style of play, but he’s obviously got a long way to go before he matches what the big man achieved in the game.