- Team News: Wenger on Walcott, Monreal, Cazorla, Ramsey & more
- Arsenal overlooked by Sky as date confirmed for EFL Cup clash
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains today but no sign of key duo
- Arsene Wenger: 3 key Arsenal players could miss Sunderland game
- Arsenal boss confirms huge injury blow but midfielder returns
- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
Paul Merson states his prediction ahead of Arsenal v Tottenham
Arsenal legend Paul Merson has offered his prediction ahead of today’s crucial North London Derby with Tottenham and he’s backing us to grind out a draw at White Hart Lane.
We head across north London this lunchtime desperately needing to bounce back following disappointing defeats to Manchester United and Swansea City.
Those results have left us sitting three points adrift of Spurs and six behind leaders Leicester so we need a win to get ourselves right back in the mix for the Premier League title.
However, Merson doesn’t think Arsenal have what it takes to get all three points at Spurs today. The former Gunners’ winger quite rightly states that we’re ‘all over the shop’ right now and without Cech and Koscielny, he doesn’t see how we can get the win.
Writing in his column for Sky Sports News, Merson – who spent 12 years at Arsenal between 1985 and 1997 – says his heart is predicting Arsenal to get a 1-1 draw against a tired Tottenham side, but his head is telling him it’ll be a home win.
The way Arsenal are playing, I just cannot see them getting anything out of the game. No Cech, no Koscielny and if Tottenham get going, start well and score first, I can see it getting out of hand.
The only problem is they looked tired the other day at West Ham and against Swansea, but I am going to go for a very hopeful 1-1, as that is what my heart is saying, but my head is telling me Tottenham are going to win this.
Arsenal are all over the shop at the moment, they have just lost two in a row and are without their best defender and goalie so I do worry for them. This is not the greatest Arsenal team and they do not have a lot of fight in them.
PAUL PREDICTS: 1-1
It’s difficult to argue with everything Merse says. We are all over the shop and without Cech/Kos, if they score early I’m sure all fans will be fearing a massacre.
However, this is the NLD and everything goes out the window. It’s all about today and anything can happen. We have the ability to nick a win, but unfortunately this team is just as likely to get spanked 3-0.
Let’s see what happens, not long to go now…..