- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
[Photos] Forgotten ace snapped in Arsenal training ahead of Spurs
Forgotten Arsenal midfielder Mikel Arteta has been snapped in training today as Arsenal prepare for tomorrow’s crucial trip to Tottenham.
Arteta has been plagued by long-term calf problems all season and while he doesn’t appear to be on any official injury list, Arsene Wenger has regularly stated at his press conference’s in recent weeks that the midfielder wasn’t available for selection.
The 33-year-old’s injury problems have restricted him to making just two first team starts all season and Mikel hasn’t been seen since making a late appearance during our FA Cup win over Burnley in late January.
However, Arteta has now been snapped taking part in first team training today as Arsene and his coaching staff put the players through their paces ahead of tomorrow’s huge North London Derby.
Arteta is clearly struggling for fitness and is expected to retire at the end of the season and go in to a coaching role, so I highly doubt he’ll be involved against Spurs, but we could certainly do with some of his experience right now.
Arteta may lack in certain areas but he’s a leader on the pitch and Arsenal could do with a few of them in the squad at present as we’ve looked clueless in recent games. Let’s hope that all changes tomorrow.
Here are some photos from today training session courtesy of Arsenal.com: