- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
[Photos] Forgotten ace snapped in Arsenal training ahead of Spurs
Forgotten Arsenal midfielder Mikel Arteta has been snapped in training today as Arsenal prepare for tomorrow’s crucial trip to Tottenham.
Arteta has been plagued by long-term calf problems all season and while he doesn’t appear to be on any official injury list, Arsene Wenger has regularly stated at his press conference’s in recent weeks that the midfielder wasn’t available for selection.
The 33-year-old’s injury problems have restricted him to making just two first team starts all season and Mikel hasn’t been seen since making a late appearance during our FA Cup win over Burnley in late January.
However, Arteta has now been snapped taking part in first team training today as Arsene and his coaching staff put the players through their paces ahead of tomorrow’s huge North London Derby.
Arteta is clearly struggling for fitness and is expected to retire at the end of the season and go in to a coaching role, so I highly doubt he’ll be involved against Spurs, but we could certainly do with some of his experience right now.
Arteta may lack in certain areas but he’s a leader on the pitch and Arsenal could do with a few of them in the squad at present as we’ve looked clueless in recent games. Let’s hope that all changes tomorrow.
Here are some photos from today training session courtesy of Arsenal.com: