- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
[Tweet] Joel Campbell reacts to ‘difficult’ defeat on Twitter
Arsenal attacker Joel Campbell has reacted on Twitter following our disastrous 2-1 defeat at home to Swansea City last night.
Campbell was recalled to the starting eleven against the Swans and justified his selection after showing superb technique to turn home Alexis Sanchez’s lovely pass to open the scoring in the 15th minute.
The Costa Rican continued to be our shining light in what turned out to be a hugely disappointing performance from the lads but he was inexplicably substituted early in the second half by Arsene Wenger, with the crowd showing the boss exactly what they thought of the move.
We ended up crumbling to a third consecutive defeat in all competitions and we now sit third in the Premier League table, three points adrift of Spurs and six behind leader Leicester City with ten games remaining, so the title is not over yet, but we’re certainly making life difficult for ourselves.
Campbell has taken to Twitter to react to the game and says that while the defeat is ‘difficult’ to take, the attacker insists we’re still ‘in the fight’ for the title.
He’s not wrong. With Leicester drawing and Spurs and City losing, we are somehow still in with a chance of the title. However, unfortunately the players don’t look like they have the bottle to really go for it….
— Joel Campbell (@joel_campbell12) March 2, 2016