- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Ratings: Arsenal 1-2 Swansea: no heart, no bottle, no passion
Arsenal once again blew their chance to get back in the title race after a disgraceful 2-1 defeat at home to Swansea on Wednesday night.
Here are my ratings:
Cech 5/10 – Poor error for the Swansea winner. It was a decent free kick but he should certainly have dealt with it better.
Bellerin 6/10 – Got in to some excellent positions but delivery was poor. Switched off for the Swansea goal.
Mertesacker 6/10 – Also poor defending for the Swansea goal. Yes, it was a foul in the build-up but he should have played to the whistle.
Gabriel 6/10 – Gave away a cheap foul which lead to their winner but looked more comfortable alongside Per.
Monreal 6/10 – Average display. Didn’t do too much wrong at the back but didn’t influence much going forwards.
Ramsey 5/10 – Poor form continues. Not suited to the deep playmaker role at all.
Coquelin 6/10 – Worked hard and put himself about but badly misses Cazorla next to him.
Sanchez 6/10 – Nothing went right for the Chilean. Hit the post early on and smacked the bar again in the second half, but got a superb assist for Campbell’s opener.
Özil 6/10 – Dictated much of our play but lacked any real movement from those around him. Fouled in the build-up to the equaliser.
Campbell 7.5/10 – Stunning improvised finish for the opening goal. Worked his socks off and was the only real danger in the final third. No idea why he was taken off.
Giroud 5/10 – Another poor performance. Missed a sitter from close range at 1-1 and fluffed a few other half chances.
Welbeck  , Walcott [5.5]
Yes, we were unlucky with a few decisions and hit the woodwork three times, but this performance was nowhere near the standard potential title challengers need to be at. The players showed no heart, no bottle and no passion when we went behind. It was a truly disgraceful display….