- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
- Team news: Arsenal duo ruled out but key quartet return for Swansea
- Arsenal doing battle with Spurs to sign German attacker – reports
Agent confirms Nigerian midfielder has joined Arsenal on 5-year deal
The agent of Kelechi Nwakali has confirmed the Nigerian midfielder has signed a five-year deal with Arsenal after completing a move worth in excess of £2m, according to the Express.
Nwakali has been strongly linked with a move to Arsenal since early January with widespread reports suggesting we had agreed a deal to sign the highly-rated midfielder.
The Express reported at the end of January that the 17-year-old had flown to London to undergo his medical and all that remained was for the youngster to be granted a visa.
It looks like all the formalities have been resolved as Nwakali’s agent has been quoted in the newspaper as saying that the midfielder has signed a five-year deal with Arsenal and confirmed we’d agreed to pay a transfer fee in excess of £2m.
“Kelechi has signed a five-year deal with Arsenal,” the agent is quoted as saying by the Express.
“I won’t be able to mention the exact transfer fee but it is above £2million.”
Nwakali caught the eye of Arsenal scouts after impressing during the FIFA U17 World Cup where he helped Nigeria lift the trophy in Chile last year and he was named as the best player in the tournament.
The teenager is a central midfielder and has drawn comparisons with Patrick Vieira for his style of play, but he’s obviously got a long way to go before he matches what the big man achieved in the game.
Nwakali is unlikely to make any immediate impact on the first team but he certainly sounds like a bright prospect so hopefully he can continue his development at Arsenal over the coming years.