- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Arsenal pre-Man Utd team news: Wenger on Wilshere, Gabriel & The Ox
Arsene Wenger has given Arsenal.com a team news update ahead of our trip to Old Trafford to take on Manchester United this weekend.
The boss revealed some excellent news with Gabriel expected to be available for selection after the centre-back recovered from a hamstring injury.
The Brazilian international has missed the last two games but will take part in full training on Friday and should be back in the squad for United as long as he doesn’t suffer any setbacks.
The boss also confirmed that Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will undergo a scan today on a knee injury which he suffered against Barcelona in midweek.
Reports suggest the midfielder could have damage ligaments which may end his season, but Arsene refused to say anything more than he’d miss the trip to Old Trafford, so we’ll have to wait and see what the scan results show.
Wenger also gave a brief update on Jack Wilshere’s recovery and says the midfielder is yet to return to full training yet.
Wilshere is yet to play this season due to a fractured fibula which he suffered back in early August but it looks as though it’ll be a few weeks yet before he’s back in the first team so he remains out along with Santi Cazorla and Tomas Rosicky.
He is coming back into the squad tomorrow, so we will see how he responds to that, but the signs are positive. He might be available for Sunday.
He has a scan today, he will not be available for Sunday.
He is not back in full training yet.
on other team news…
Everyone else is the same as before, so there’s no Rosicky, Cazorla, Wilshere.