- Arsenal contract talks update: Wilshere, The Ox, Ozil, Alexis & more
- Barcelona midfielder confirms approach from Arsenal
- Arsenal boss lining-up big-money offer for Serie A hitman
- Arsenal star commits future to club after agreeing new contract
- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
Arsenal favourites to sign midfielder in £18m deal – reports
The Daily Star are reporting that Arsenal are favourites to complete an £18.3m deal to sign Inter Milan midfielder Marcelo Brozovic this summer.
The Croatian international has long been linked with a move to the Emirates and we were reportedly keen when he left Dinamo Zagreb last January.
The 23-year-old ended up moving to Inter Milan on a one-and-a-half-year loan deal which included an obligation for the Italians to make the move permanent this summer.
However, it looks like the midfielder’s time in Serie A is going to come to a premature end as the Daily Star are citing reports coming out of Italy that claim Inter are keen to cash in immediately and have informed interested clubs of his availability.
Brozovic has attracted interest from several top clubs throughout Europe but the newspaper says the he’s certain to come to the Premier League with Arsenal understood to be in pole position ahead of the likes of Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea to secure a deal.
Inter have supposedly lined-up Manchester City’s Yaya Toure or Monaco’s Joao Moutinho as a potential replacement with the Star suggesting they will sell Brozovic to Arsenal for £18.3m in order to finance their transfer plans.
We’ve only recently brought in Mohamed Elneny from Basel but with Mikel Arteta, Mathieu Flamini and Tomas Rosicky all set to leave when their contracts expire in June, we’ll certainly need to bring in another central midfielder.
Brozovic would be an interesting option and he does have plenty of potential, however, I’d prefer to see us go for someone like Victor Wanyama this summer. We need a real midfield powerhouse and Wanyama has bags of Premier League experience, so he’d be my first choice target ahead of the likes of Brozovic.