- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
[Video] Watch Arsene Wenger’s full interview following Barcelona loss
Arsene Wenger was understandably frustrated during his post-match interview following Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Barcelona last night.
We were solid for around 60 minutes but started to over-commit going forward in search of a goal and ended up leaving ourselves wide open at the back and Neymar and Messi took full advantage to rip us open to break the deadlock.
A needless challenge from substitute Mathieu Flamini in the box led to a penalty and Messi made no mistake from the spot to leave us needing a miracle in the second leg at the Nou Camp.
Speaking after the game, the boss blasted the players for being ‘technically average’ and suggested the ‘naive’ players hadn’t learned their lesson from last season’s loss against Monaco – when we conceded a crucial goal in very similar circumstances.
The result means we need to score at least two goals at the Nou Camp and try to stop the best team in the world scoring, so understandably Wenger says it’s almost impossible to qualify for the last eight.
Watch the bosses full interview here: