- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
[Tweets] Arsenal legend & Piers Morgan clash over Wenger criticism
Arsenal legend Ian Wright has hit back at celebrity Gunners fan Piers Morgan over his criticism of manager Arsene Wenger.
Morgan is a long-time Arsenal season ticket holder and even owns shares in the club but he isn’t shy at publicly slamming Wenger at any given opportunity.
The journalist and part-time television presenter once again took aim at Arsene following last night’s demoralising 2-0 defeat to Barcelona, taking to Twitter to poke fun at the Frenchman’s recent record in the Champions League.
However, Former striker Wright was quick to defend the boss, telling Morgan that Arsene got his tactics ‘spot on’ and wasn’t to blame after the players failed to take their chances on the pitch.
Not one to go down quietly, Morgan responded to the Arsenal ‘legend’ by claiming Wenger IS to blame for failing to build a team capable of competing with teams like Barcelona.
Personally, I can see both points-of-view as I do believe Wenger got his tactics right last night and was let down by his players. However, it’s down to him that we still have to rely on the likes of Flamini.
Anyway, check out Wright and Morgans Twitter spat below:
Wenger's 'brilliant' CL record continues: 6 consecutive years going out at L16 stage.
— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) February 23, 2016
@piersmorgan Piers . Tactics were spot on tonight. We played against the best! Had chances but didn't take them. Can't blame the Boss.
— Ian Wright (@IanWright0) February 23, 2016
It's all about opinions! Flamini seems to be getting a lot of criticism, but surely Per as got to put his boot through the ball! My opinion
— Ian Wright (@IanWright0) February 24, 2016
Legend, It's Wenger's team & he refused to buy the world class players we need to compete with teams like Barca. https://t.co/3VQdX3MG2X
— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) February 24, 2016