- Arsenal boss lining-up big-money offer for Serie A hitman
- Arsenal star commits future to club after agreeing new contract
- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
Player Ratings: Toothless Arsenal blow it against Barcelona
Arsenal blew their chance yet again after a frustrating night saw Barcelona leave the Emirates with a 2-0 victory thanks to a double from Lionel Messi.
Here are my ratings:
Cech 7.5/10 – Made a great stop to deny Neymar just after half-time. Was done by Messi for the first goal but couldn’t fault him.
Bellerin 7.5/10 – Did well up against Neymar, putting in one excellent tackle in particular, and carried the ball well out of defence.
Mertesacker 7/10 – Made a couple of crucial blocks and was putting in an excellent display, but was caught far too high up the pitch for the first goal and poor clearance led to the killer penalty.
Koscielny 8/10 – A towering performance at the back. Made some crucial tackles and interceptions.
Monreal 7.5/10 – Silly early booking put him under pressure but Nacho rose to the occasion and did well up against the best attack in world football.
Coquelin 7/10 – Worked hard and patrolled in front of the defence, cutting the space in which Barca could operate.
Ramsey 6.5/10 – Ran his socks off in the first half but was frustrating when on the ball. Missed a couple decent chances.
Oxlade-Chamberlain 6/10 – Missed a great chance to open the scoring midway through first half and a heavy touch cost us on a promising break. Off just after half time with injury.
Özil 6/10 – Showed some neat touches and relieved some pressure on the defence at times but wasn’t able to show his quality where it mattered most – in the final third.
Alexis 6/10 – A frustrating night for the Chilean international. Worked hard as always but his dip in form continues.
Giroud 6/10 – Saw a decent header well saved by ter Stegen and worked hard but was
Walcott 6/10 – On for The Ox just after half time but saw little of the ball.
Welbeck 7/10 – Another encouraging display. Should start at Old Trafford.
Flamini 4/10 – What is there to say? Gave away a stupid penalty one minute after coming off the bench. Why on earth are we still relying on him?!