- Arsenal overlooked by Sky as date confirmed for EFL Cup clash
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains today but no sign of key duo
- Arsene Wenger: 3 key Arsenal players could miss Sunderland game
- Arsenal boss confirms huge injury blow but midfielder returns
- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
Arsenal to go ‘all out’ for 26-goal striker this summer – reports
According to a report in the Mirror, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger will go ‘all out’ to try and finally sign Napoli striker Gonzalo Higuain this summer.
Higuain is a name many of you should be familiar with as we’ve been linked with a him countless times throughout the past three years.
We were reportedly close to signing him when he left Real Madrid in 2013 and it feels like we’ve been linked with him during every transfer window since.
And with Arsene thought to be ready to bring in a world class striker this summer, Higuain’s name has once again been linked with a move to the Emirates Stadium.
The Mirror are citing reports coming from Spain that claim the boss will go ‘all out’ to try and sign the Argentinean international this summer.
However, the paper says we may have to pay a fee in the region of £70m as that’s what his release clause is set at and Napoli aren’t willing to do business for anything less. Can you see Arsene paying that kind of money? No. Me neither.
Obviously Higuain would be an excellent signing. He’s a pure goalscorer who’s netted 26 times for Napoli this season and I personally think he’d be an upgrade on Olivier Giroud.
However, there’s no way Wenger will pay £70m for him, so unless that figure is drastically lowered, I think we’ll have to look elsewhere for our striker this summer.