- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Wenger confirms star will return from injury inside one month
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has given another update on Jack Wilshere and expects the midfielder to make his comeback within the next month.
Wilshere hasn’t featured this season after suffering a fractured fibula in training on the eve of our Community Shield clash with Chelsea in early August 2015.
The midfielder was only initially expected to be out for around 3 months but he’s suffered several setbacks during his rehabilitation.
Arsene told the media last Friday that is was ‘a question of weeks’ for Wilshere to make his comeback but he’s now given a more precise time-frame after telling reporters this morning that he expects him back within ‘three or four weeks’.
When asked for an update on Wilshere, Arsene told Arsenal.com:
I think three or four weeks [before he can play again].
I seem to recall Arsene saying Jack was ’3-4 weeks away’ a few weeks ago too, but hopefully it’s for real this time and we don’t hear the same line in another couple of weeks time.
Jack has been a big miss this season and we could certainly have done with him over the past few months while Santi Cazorla has been on the sidelines.
Let’s hope his recovery goes smoothly from here on and Jack can get back on the pitch and play some part in our run-in.