- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Wenger confirms this Arsenal man is likely to start vs Hull City
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Mohamed Elneny could come in to the starting eleven for Saturday’s FA Cup fifth round clash with Hull City.
We welcome the 2014 finalists to the Emirates Stadium this weekend and the boss has told Arsenal.com that he’ll field a strong team but I still expect him to make a few changes with our huge Champions League clash with Barcelona on Tuesday night in mind.
One player who looks set to come in is midfielder Elneny with Wenger confirming the Egyptian international has a good chance to start against the Tigers on Saturday.
The boss told the clubs website:
on if Elneny could play…
Elneny is fit. He is one of the players who could get a run [out] there. He’s mobile, he’s a very good player. He’s adapting at the moment and I think he’s there now. We’ll certainly see him against Hull. He has a chance to start.
on rotating the squad…
I will, as always, play a team who has a good chance to qualify. The normal squad is involved on Saturday. It is a normal squad and we’ll play a usual strong team.
Elneny has made just one start since joining the club in January, making an encouraging debut during our win over Burnley in the fourth round, so it will be good to see him get another chance to impress.
Despite Wenger suggesting it will be a ‘normal’ squad, I think it’s safe to assume we’ll see a few changes with the likes of Kieran Gibbs, Joel Campbell, Theo Walcott and Mathieu Flamini likely to come in while Calum Chambers should also start at the back.
As we reported earlier, Arsene gave a positive update on the fitness of Koscielny and Gabriel, check out what he had to say here.