- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
Attacker to sign 4-year deal with Arsenal after undergoing medical
Nigerian wonderkid Samuel Chukwueze is undergoing his medical with Arsenal ahead of his move from the Diamond academy in Nigeria, according to a report in the Daily Star.
Chukwueze has been close to joining Arsenal ever since we agreed a £4m double deal to sign the 16-year-old along with team-mate Kelechi Nwakali last month. Nwakali completed his switch three weeks ago but Chukwueze has had to wait due to visa issues.
However, the teenager was given the green light to finally fly-in to London earlier this week after receiving his visa and international clearance with the player confirming to reporters that he was joining Arsenal as we give young players opportunities to play.
“My trip to London is on Monday night,” Chukwueze is quoted as saying by the Star
“I’m happy that everything is going well and I will do my best when I get there by the grace of God.”
“Arsenal as you well know are a very good club and it will be good for my career since I will be able to learn many new things,”
“I like Arsenal because they are a club who give young players the opportunity to showcase their talents and I believe I would be given the chance to play too.”
It looks like the move is now on the verge of completion as the Daily Star claim Chukwueze underwent his medical on Tuesday and is now set to sign a four-year deal – although he won’t be able to sign pro-terms until he turns 18 next year.
The youngster caught the eye after playing a starring role for Nigeria in their under-17 World Cup triumph in Chile last year and Arsenal have beaten off stiff competition from a number of top clubs for his signature.
Chukwueze is a winger who can play anywhere across the front three positions and is now set to join our youth academy, but he’s clearly set his sights on forcing his way in to Arsene Wenge’rs first team.
We’ll have to wait and see if he’s got what it takes but he and Nwakali are two exciting young talents, so hopefully they can continue their development in North London.