- Arsenal star to be given fitness check ahead of Man City clash
- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
Arsenal given green light to move for 14-goal Premier League hitman
According to the Mirror, Arsenal have been handed a major boost in their pursuit of Odion Ighalo with Watford ready to do business for the £12m-rated striker this summer.
Ighalo has been a revelation during his debut season in England’s top flight having scored 14 goals in 24 games for Watford after his 20 goals fired them to promotion from the Championship last year.
The Nigerian international’s impressive form has understandably attracted plenty of interest with the Mirror reporting last month that Arsenal were among the clubs keen on luring him away from Vicarage Road this summer.
We’ve now been given the green light to step-up our interest as the newspaper is reporting today that the Hornets are resigned to losing Ighalo and have already got an agreement in place with the player to listen to any offers in the region of £12m.
It appears Watford are already planning for life without their top scorer as the Mirror say they have already identified Oghalo’s replacement with Granada striker Isaac Success set to sign a pre-contract agreement to move to North London at the end of the season.
So it looks like Ighalo will move on to bigger and better things this summer with Arsenal leading the chase for his signature, however, the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea are also reportedly keen so we’ll face some stiff competition.
We certainly need to bring in another striker this summer and I’m a big fan of Ighalo’s but I’m just not convinced he’s of the required quality we should be looking for.
We need a world class hitman. Someone like Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang or Karim Benzema to really take us to the next level. Ighalo would barely be an upgrade on Giroud, so I would personally rather see us go all-out for a truly top class striker this summer.