- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Attacker flies-in to London to complete Arsenal move
According to the Daily Star, Nigerian youngster Samuel Chukwueze has confirmed he’s en route to London to wrap-up his proposed move to Arsenal.
The 16-year-old has been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates in recent months and it was reported in January that we’d won the race for his signature after beating off competition from a number of top European clubs.
The deal was delayed due to work permit issues but the Daily Star claim that the forward was given a British entry visa last week and is now clear to complete his move to Arsenal.
Chukwueze confirmed to reporters yesterday that he was due to fly-in to London on Monday night and revealed that he’d chosen Arsenal because he believes he’ll be given the opportunity to showcase his talent.
“My trip to London is on Monday night,” Chukwueze is quoted as saying by the Daily Star
“I’m happy that everything is going well and I will do my best when I get there by the grace of God.”
”Arsenal as you well know are a very good club and it will be good for my career since I will be able to learn many new things.
“I like Arsenal because they are a club who give young players the opportunity to showcase their talents and I believe I would be given the chance to play too.”
The teenager is a forward who can play anywhere across the front three and caught the eye of Gunners’ scouts after impressing in the Nigerian team that won the FIFA Under-17 World Cup in Chile last year.
Chukwueze joins team-mate Kelechi Nwakali in joining Arsenal after he sealed his move to North London two weeks ago and they’ll start life with our youth academy – although neither player can sign pro terms until they turn 18.