- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Ozil misses out but Arsenal ace named in PL Team of the Week
Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud has been named in the WhoScored? Premier League Team of the Week after his fine display against Leicester City yesterday.
Giroud is going through something of a drought in front of goal and he was once again frustrated on Sunday as a combination of poor finishing and superb goalkeeping kept him at bay.
However, the Frenchman did provide a vital assist as his excellent cushioned header set Theo Walcott up for the equaliser as we went on to secure a crucial 2-1 comeback victory over the league leaders to move us to within two points of top spot.
Giroud’s display earned him a WhoScored? rating of 8.73 which was enough to see him named in the Team of the Week.
Mesut Ozil was heavily involved once again at the Emirates as he set up the winning goal and his fine performance earned him a rating of 8.63, however, the German attacker was surprisingly omitted from the Team of the Week with Liverpool’s James Milner making the cut despite the fact he only got a score of 8.34.
The Team of the Week was heavily dominated by Liverpool and Chelsea players but it was good to see Giroud representing Arsenal, although we should have had TWO representatives in the eleven.
Here is the full team: