- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Arsenal fans fume after player admits desire to join Man Utd
Arsenal fans aren’t happy with Mathieu Debuchy after told the press he was desperate to join Manchester United in January before Arsene Wenger vetoed the move.
Debuchy lost his first team place to Hector Bellerin last season and he made just 6 appearances in all competition during the first half of this campaign.
With the European Championships to think about this summer, the 30-year-old asked to leave the club in January in order to get more first team football under his belt over the coming months.
A switch to Aston Villa looked to be on the cards but negotiations dragged and this opened the door for Manchester United to make a cheeky late approach to take Debuchy on loan for the second half of the season.
The right-back has now confirmed United’s interest and say’s he was ‘disappointed’ when Arsene blocked the move as he feels the chance to play for the Red Devils would have been ‘magnificent’.
The French international also had a dig at Wenger after saying he’s ‘annoyed’ that the boss went back on his promise to play his regularly this season.
Debuchy is quoted by ESPN as saying:
“Yes, at the end of the transfer window they came in. They contacted my agents. I was disappointed, obviously. If I had the chance to go to Manchester United it would have been magnificent.
“Unfortunately it wasn’t the case. I discussed it with the coach too, who said that obviously he couldn’t help out a rival.”
“Yes, I’m a little bit annoyed by him [Wenger]. It’s his choice [not to give him playing time]. I came back well this summer, I had a good preseason.
“I was able to talk to him to know my future at Arsenal. He said that I would have game time and that we would discuss it in December. Unfortunately, I didn’t have this game time.”
Understandably, Arsenal fans are less than amused by Debuchy’s statements with many taking to Twitter to demand the full-back is sold on a permanent basis when his six-month loan at Bordeaux comes to an end.
It’s never clever for a player to publicly admit he wanted to join a rival, so Debuchy is going to have to live with his comments. Thankfully, I think his career at the Emirates is already over and he’ll be out the door permanently in the summer.