- Arsenal star to be given fitness check ahead of Man City clash
- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
[Photos] Arsenal star makes long-awaited injury comeback for U21’s
Arsenal attacker Danny Welbeck made his long-awaited comeback with a run-out for the under-21 side on Friday afternoon.
Welbeck hasn’t played a single minute of competitive football since suffering a knee injury against Chelsea way back in April of last season.
He’s slowly been working his way back to full fitness and finally resumed full training with the rest of the first team squad last week.
Welbeck has now stepped-up his recovery even further after playing 60 minutes for the under-21’s as they beat Brighton 4-1 this afternoon and although Danny wasn’t on the score-sheet, it was great to see him back in action.
He’s expected to play at least once more for the under-21’s over the coming weeks and Arsene Wenger says it will be around three weeks before he’ll be back in the frame for the first team, but it’s positive news that he came through the match today unscathed.
Here are some photos from the match today courtesy of Arsenal’s official Twitter account.