- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Arsenal shareholder to do ‘naked conga’ if Giroud scores vs Barca
Well known celebrity Arsenal fan Piers Morgan has vowed to do a naked conga round the Emirates Stadium if Olivier Giroud scores against Barcelona.
We take on the Spanish giants in our two-legged Champions League last 16 tie in a few weeks and Morgan clearly doesn’t fancy Giroud to get on the score-sheet, as he’s promised to get naked if he does.
Morgan is a life-long Arsenal fan and shareholder, and is extremely vocal with his criticism of Arsene Wenger, in particular the bosses failure to sign a world class striker to replace Giroud up front.
The journalist and presenter was at it again following our failure to beat Southampton last night with the 50-year-old not holding back while a guest on Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast show this morning.
He said on talkSPORT:
“We kid ourselves. We think we play good football.
“We have no clinical finishing prowess in front of goal. Giroud will get you 20, 22 goals a season. He is a specialist in scoring lots of goals against Newcastle.
“If Giroud scores against Barcelona, I will do a naked conga around the Emirates Stadium. You heard it here first!”
I get what Piers is trying to say, but that’s some statement to make. Our games with Barca are usually high scoring affairs and we’ve scored three goals in each of our last two Champions League ties against them – losing 4-3 on aggregate in 2011 and 6-3 in 2010.
Their defence has improved but I’d still fancy us to create chances and wouldn’t be surprised at all if Giroud got a goal over the two legs. Sure, we’d probably still lose 5-2 or something, but at least we’d get to see Piers Morgan lose his dignity at the Emirates….