- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Revealed: Arsenal announce January player of the month
Goalkeeper Petr Cech has been named as Arsenal’s Vitality Player of the Month for January.
The Czech international continued his excellent form with a number of terrific displays throughout last month, with his performance’s against Newcastle and Stoke particularly impressive.
It comes as no surprise then that Arsenal have announced this morning that Cech has walked the online poll to be named as our January Player of the Month.
Cech received nearly half the votes [47.4%], beating Olivier Giroud [18.9%] into second while Joel Campbell came third with 8.9% of the votes.
During his five appearance last month, Cech conceded five goals – although three of these came during our mental 3-3 draw at Liverpool – and he managed to keep two clean sheets with a save percentage of 80%.
January was a disappointing month in terms of results so hopefully we’ll get back to winning ways over the coming weeks which should see one of our attackers named as the February Player of the Month.