- Arsenal transfer news: £25m bid submitted for international star
- [Photos] Arsenal’s double boost as duo train ahead of Liverpool
- It’s A Summer Of Rebuilding If Sanchez And Wenger Leave
- [Photos & Videos] Ozil, Welbz & more star as Arsenal boys go bowling
- Arsenal handed injury boost as key man returns ahead of Liverpool
- 49-year old confirms to friends he’s replacing Wenger as Arsenal boss
- 5 Arsenal fixtures rescheduled after being chosen for live TV
- Arsenal boost: Liverpool star ruled out of crucial showdown
- Respected journo: 27-goal hitman could join Arsenal in £50m deal
- Cazorla replacement? Arsenal linked with a move for French midfielder
Guardiola already plotting big-money move for Arsenal star – report
He’s not even in the job yet but the rumours are already starting with the Express reporting today that Manchester City manager-to-be Pep Guardiola wants to sign Arsenal star Aaron Ramsey.
Guardiola was announced as the new City boss yesterday with the Spaniard set to take over from Manuel Pellegrini when his Bayern Munich contract expires in June.
It looks like the 45-year-old is already thinking ahead as the Express claim that Guardiola has ‘set his sights’ on Ramsey and will use his apparent £150m warchest to launch a big-money move for the Arsenal midfielder this summer.
The paper says Guardiola is a big admirer of the Welsh international’s but claim City will face stiff competition from Barcelona, with the La Liga giants also understood to be keen on Ramsey’s signature.
So what to make of these reports?
It’s always laughable when the media publish stories linking a manager with moves in the transfer market before he’s taken a new job. Pep is still at Bayern, yet the Express already know he has £150m to spend and who his targets are at City?
That’s not to say Guardiola won’t be interested in Ramsey though, and I suppose these sorts of rumours are to be expected. Don’t be surprised if Sanchez, and even Ozil, are also linked with moves to the Etihad over the coming months.
However, Arsenal are no longer in a financial position where we need to sell our best players and we’re now challenging for the title so hopefully that will show Ramsey that he doesn’t need to follow the likes of Bacary Sagna, Samir Nasri, Robin van Persie, etc, in jumping ship.
I personally don’t think there is any chance Ramsey will join Pep’s City revolution this summer, but that won’t stop the papers from speculating. And this is only just the start….