- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
- International star responds to Arsenal move reports
- [Photos] Arsenal star trains despite ligament injury fears
- Arsenal star a ‘major doubt’ for crucial Man City clash
- Arsenal make 24-year-old top target as Wenger eyes international
- Boss confirms Arsenal star is ruled out with hamstring injury
- Arsenal transfer plans: Out = £92m duo, In = 48-goal hitmen
- Brazilian superstar says he ‘admires’ Arsenal & wants to play in England
Arsenal failed with late attempt to sign England youngster
According to the Mirror, Arsenal will try again in the summer after failing with a last ditch attempt to sign Fulham youngster Ryan Sessegnon as part of a loan deal involving Serge Gnabry.
Arsene Wenger cut short Gnabry’s loan spell at West Brom due to a lack of game-time at the Hawthorns and the German winger was being lined-up with a late move to Fulham on deadline day.
As talks progressed, the Mirror claim that Arsene asked the Cottagers for highly-rated left-back Ryan Sessegnon in exchange for Gnabry’s loan signature. However, Fulham rejected the idea and talks over a potential deal broke down leaving Gnabry in limbo.
The German youngster has struggled to nail down a place at Arsenal and the latest odds on William Hill suggest that Gnabry is likely to leave us on a permanent basis this summer.
The Mirror says that Arsenal are one of several top clubs who are tracking Sessegnon and we’re expected to renew our interest in the 16-year-old in the summer.
Sessegnon is predominantly a left-back but can also play left-wing and is regarded as one of the hottest young prospects in English football having already captained his country at Under-16 level.
We’ll have to wait and see whether we can win the race for his signature in the summer but it looks as though Arsene is on the look-out for a young left-back as we also tried our luck at landing Leicester’s Ben Chilwell last month.
With Nacho Monreal signing a new contract extension until 2019, our pursuit of a young left-back suggests that we may be looking for a long-term replacement for Kieran Gibbs with the 26-year-old tipped to leave in the summer after losing his first team place.