- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Wenger offers update on Wilshere amid reports of an injury setback
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has played down reports suggesting that Jack Wilshere has suffered an injury setback and says he expects the midfielder to be playing again in four weeks.
Wilshere hasn’t played a single minute of competitive football this season after suffering a fractured fibula on the eve of our Community Shield clash with Chelsea at the start of August.
The 24-year-old was forced to undergo surgery and was ruled out until the New Year but a setback during training in December saw Wilshere’s proposed comeback put on ice.
There have been rumours circulating online that Jack had suffered a fresh setback, however, Wenger has dismissed these suggestions and insists Wilshere will be back playing again in around 4 weeks.
The news comes a huge relief as the last thing we needed was him suffering yet another setback as any further problems could have put Jack’s entire season in jeopardy.
It would also have placed fresh doubts over whether Wilshere will be fit in time to force his way in to the England squad for this summers European Championships but Arsene says he’s spoken to Roy Hodgson and assured him the midfielder is progressing well.
When quizzed for an update on Wilshere’s situation at his pre-match press conference this morning ahead of tomorrow night’s clash with Southampton, Arsene is quoted by journalists as saying:
Wenger says reports of Jack Wilshere suffering setback is "wrong information". Expects him back in four weeks.
— James Olley (@JamesOlley) February 1, 2016
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) February 1, 2016