- Arsenal ready to move for £40m Spaniard, Liverpool also keen
- Arsenal eye move for Czech Republic star – Coquelin replacement?
- Fixture change: Arsenal v Man Utd clash rescheduled for live TV
- Arsenal boss confirms key man has been ruled out for the season
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Cech, Sanchez, Ozil & Perez
- “I’m happy in London” – Sanchez offers huge update on Arsenal future
- Arsenal star to be given fitness check ahead of Man City clash
- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
Team News: Wenger’s update on Wilshere, Rosicky & Welbeck
It may not be a busy day of transfer activity at Arsenal but there is still plenty of team news to keep up-to-date with so I’ll bring you a round-up of the latest updates from Arsene Wenger….
The boss held his pre-match press conference this morning ahead of tomorrow night’s clash with Southampton and he confirmed a huge blow with the news that Tomas Rosicky suffered a fresh injury at the weekend.
Rosicky came on to make his first appearance of the season against Burnley on Saturday but unbelievably the midfielder picked up a thigh injury inside the first five minutes and is now facing another spell on the sidelines.
There was some more positive news regarding Jack Wilshere as Wenger played down reports that the 24-year-old had suffered another setback with the boss insisting Jack will be back playing again in around four weeks.
Arsene also gave another update on Danny Welbeck and says the attacker will play one or two games for the under-21’s before he’ll be under consideration for the first team.
Welbeck has only recently returned to full training after over nine months on the sidelines so it makes sense to be cautious with him and not take any risks.
So the squad is in good health with Jack Wilshere and Santi Cazorla our only injuries absentees at present.
Here is what Wenger told Arsenal.com today:
on the team news…
The team news is that we have all the players that played on Saturday available again. The only problem we have is that we lost Rosicky through injury. We have to assess one or two. Overall the situation looks quite good for everybody else.
on Tomas Rosicky…
He has a thigh problem – a muscular tendon problem, but we don’t know how bad it is. It happened three or four minutes after he came on and we have to assess him today. He’s not available for a while. We will know much more tonight.
on Jack Wilshere…
He is looking good. I had a short chat with Roy Hodgson about him and reassured him that he is progressing well. I’m cautious but I will say four weeks [until he is back].
on Danny Welbeck…
Danny has not played since April 2015 and will have to go through a game or two with the under-21s, where we can monitor him and leave him free to play at his level of commitment. That looks to be very soon, maybe this week.