- Arsenal ready to move for £40m Spaniard, Liverpool also keen
- Arsenal eye move for Czech Republic star – Coquelin replacement?
- Fixture change: Arsenal v Man Utd clash rescheduled for live TV
- Arsenal boss confirms key man has been ruled out for the season
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Cech, Sanchez, Ozil & Perez
- “I’m happy in London” – Sanchez offers huge update on Arsenal future
- Arsenal star to be given fitness check ahead of Man City clash
- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
Arsenal boss tipped to swoop for £15m Croatian – reports
The Mirror are reporting that Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger could launch a £15m move for Inter Milan midfielder Marcelo Brozovic at the end of the season.
The Croatian international has long been linked with a move to the Emirates and we were reportedly keen when he left Dinamo Zagreb last January.
The 23-year-old ended up opting for a move to Inter Milan after agreeing a one-and-a-half-year loan deal which included an obligation for the Italians to make the move permanent this summer.
However, it looks like the midfielder’s time in Serie A could be coming to a premature end as the Mirror are carrying a report from Italian outlet Corriere dello Sport that claims Inter are ‘desperate’ to offload Brozovic at the end of the season.
The paper believes that Inter will complete his signing from Zagreb on a permanent basis and then immediately look to sell him on, with Arsenal tipped to renew their interest.
The Mirror suggest that Wenger will be keen to bring Brozovic to the Emirates this summer and may be tempted to meet Inter’s supposed £15m asking price.
We’ve only recently brought in Mohamed Elneny from FC Basel but with Mikel Arteta, Mathieu Flamini and Tomas Rosicky all set to leave when their contracts expire in June, we’ll certainly need to bring in another central midfielder.
Brozovic would be an interesting option and the Croatian star has bags of potential, however, I personally think this is nothing more than paper talk and don’t believe there is any realistic chance of a deal happening.
Obviously anything can happen in football but I’d think someone like Victor Wanyama of Southampton is a more realistic target this summer.