- Wenger criticises Arsenal star after poor display v Burnley
- [Video] Arsenal boss pushes official in tunnel following sending off
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Xhaka flops, Sanchez shines
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Last Gasp Sanchez panenka pen wins it
- Teams: Arsenal v Burnley: Bellerin on bench, Gabriel starts
- Preview: Arsenal v Burnley, team news, Giroud out + prediction
- [Photos] Injured Arsenal man snapped back in training today
- “It’s possible” – World class Arsenal target drops hint over move
- Confirmed: FA announce key Arsenal star has signed new contract
- [Photo] Banner of Alexis Sanchez’s dogs installed at Emirates
Arsenal boss tipped to swoop for £15m Croatian – reports
The Mirror are reporting that Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger could launch a £15m move for Inter Milan midfielder Marcelo Brozovic at the end of the season.
The Croatian international has long been linked with a move to the Emirates and we were reportedly keen when he left Dinamo Zagreb last January.
The 23-year-old ended up opting for a move to Inter Milan after agreeing a one-and-a-half-year loan deal which included an obligation for the Italians to make the move permanent this summer.
However, it looks like the midfielder’s time in Serie A could be coming to a premature end as the Mirror are carrying a report from Italian outlet Corriere dello Sport that claims Inter are ‘desperate’ to offload Brozovic at the end of the season.
The paper believes that Inter will complete his signing from Zagreb on a permanent basis and then immediately look to sell him on, with Arsenal tipped to renew their interest.
The Mirror suggest that Wenger will be keen to bring Brozovic to the Emirates this summer and may be tempted to meet Inter’s supposed £15m asking price.
We’ve only recently brought in Mohamed Elneny from FC Basel but with Mikel Arteta, Mathieu Flamini and Tomas Rosicky all set to leave when their contracts expire in June, we’ll certainly need to bring in another central midfielder.
Brozovic would be an interesting option and the Croatian star has bags of potential, however, I personally think this is nothing more than paper talk and don’t believe there is any realistic chance of a deal happening.
Obviously anything can happen in football but I’d think someone like Victor Wanyama of Southampton is a more realistic target this summer.