- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
Forgotten Arsenal star finally returns to full training today
Arsenal have received a huge injury boost with forgotten attacker Danny Welbeck returning to first team training today, according to the Telegraph.
Welbeck hasn’t been seen since picking up what was initially thought to be a minor knee injury during our Premier League clash with Chelsea way back in late April 2015.
The injury turned out to be far more serious than first thought and after struggling to overcome the problem throughout the summer, Danny was eventually forced to undergo surgery in September.
However, after nine months on the sidelines, the 25-year-old is now set for a return with the Telegraph claiming he’ll resume full first team training with the rest of the squad today.
Given how long he’s been out for, Welbeck is expected to need at least two weeks of full training before he’ll be considered for any matches and even then he’s likely to feature for the under-21′s before being given the green light to play for the first team again.
The under-21′s home game against Brighton on February 5th looks like a realistic target for the attacker. If he comes through that match alright, then Danny should be in contention for a place in the squad against Leicester City on February 14th.
Welbeck’s return comes as a huge boost as I think we’ve sorely missed him this season and he’ll give Wenger another vital option in the final third, either on the wing or as an alternative to Giroud through the middle.
Let’s hope Welbeck doesn’t suffer any setbacks in training and can make a swift return to the first team squad next month as we desperately need him. We’ve still got a great chance to win the title and with a fit Welbeck available, I’d be tempted to stick a few quid on us. If you want to back Arsenal for the title, we have a bonus code available that will get you enhanced odds of 5/1.
Also, when you get a minute, check out super bowl 2016 commercials for a lighthearted overview of everything related to the 2016 Super Bowl. It’s certainly worth a look.