- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
- Ratings: Hat-trick hero Ozil shines as Arsenal thrash Ludogorets
- Video: Arsenal 6-0 Ludogorets: Ozil bags hat-trick in rout
- Teams: Arsenal v Ludogorets: Gibbs & Coquelin start
- [Tweet] Arsenal ace ‘can’t wait’ to play as he closes in on comeback
Wenger confirms huge double injury boost ahead of Chelsea clash
Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez will be back in the squad when Arsenal take on Chelsea at the Emirates this weekend.
Ozil missed our Premier League clash at Stoke City last Sunday due to a minor knock and he was sorely missed as we were held to a 0-0 draw at the Britannia Stadium.
However, thankfully the boss has revealed that Ozil is certain to make his return this weekend as we welcome Chelsea to North London on Sunday afternoon.
In a double boost, Wenger has also suggested that Sanchez should finally make his comeback after missing the last eight weeks with a hamstring injury.
Alexis picked up the problem against Norwich in late November and suffered a setback on the eve of our game against Manchester City last month, but it looks as though the Chilean super-star will finally be back in the squad against Chelsea this weekend.
Speaking to the media at his press conference this morning, Wenger said the next two days will be decisive but he’s confident Sanchez will be available for selection.
Obviously it’s a major boost to have both Ozil and Sanchez back to face Chelsea as we desperately need a win to cement our position at the top of the table.
We’ll have to wait and see whether Wenger gambles with Sanchez from the start but my gut feeling is we won’t take the risk and he’ll be on the bench. Still a great option to have in the second half though.
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) January 21, 2016
At Colney. Wenger: "The good news is Ozil certainly will be available. Sanchez, next 2 days decisive but this time I think he'll make it."
— James Olley (@JamesOlley) January 21, 2016