- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
- Team news: Arsenal duo ruled out but key quartet return for Swansea
- Arsenal doing battle with Spurs to sign German attacker – reports
Arsenal eyeing £11.5m swoop for Real Betis star – report
Yet more transfer news to bring you and the Express are carrying a report that claims Arsenal are lining-up an £11.5m move for Real Betis midfielder Dani Ceballos.
The 19-year-old has become a permanent fixture in the Betis line-up this season since breaking in to the first team set-up in 2014 and his potential has alerted a whole host of top European clubs.
Arsenal’s name has long been linked with Ceballos with Arsene Wenger believed to have had his scouts keep a close eye on the attacking midfielder over the past 12 months and they saw him play his part in the Spain team that won the U-19 Championships last year.
It looks like we could be about to formalise our interest as the Express are citing a report from Spain which claims Arsenal are ready to make their move as the boss looks to further strengthen his midfield options.
The newspaper says that with Ceballas tied to a five-year deal that he signed in October, Betis won’t accept anything less than the £9.2m written in to the players contract – although any potential deal could rise to £11.5m with various additional bonuses.
Ceballos is one of several midfielder’s Arsenal have been linked with in recent weeks and he’s certainly an exciting talent, but I personally have my doubts over whether Arsene will bring in another central player before the end of the month.
With Mohamed Elneny’s arrival and Francis Coquelin ahead of schedule in his recovery from a knee injury, our midfield problems have eased so there is no need to bring in any more midfielders just yet.
Arteta, Rosicky and Flamini are all set to leave when their contracts expire in June so I fully expect the boss to sign another central midfielder in the summer, but despite what the newspapers say, I don’t see us doing any further business for Ceballos or any other midfielder this month.
In fact, I’m so confident I’m willing to put my money where my mouth is. I’m going to look on Promopariuri to find the best promo codes, sign up to a betting site and place a wager that Arsenal won’t sign anymore players this month.
Arsene rarely does a lot of business in the winter window and with the squad well placed in the league and several players to return form injury, I think the boss will wait until the summer to do any more transfers.