- Arsenal ready to move for £40m Spaniard, Liverpool also keen
- Arsenal eye move for Czech Republic star – Coquelin replacement?
- Fixture change: Arsenal v Man Utd clash rescheduled for live TV
- Arsenal boss confirms key man has been ruled out for the season
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Cech, Sanchez, Ozil & Perez
- “I’m happy in London” – Sanchez offers huge update on Arsenal future
- Arsenal star to be given fitness check ahead of Man City clash
- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
Director: Arsenal target can go for right price
The Mirror are carrying quotes today from Borussia Monchengladbach’s sporting director who suggests that Arsenal target Granit Xhaka is available this month for the right price.
Xhaka has emerged as one of the most exciting central midfielders in the Bundesliga over the past 18 months with the 23-year-old earning rave reviews for his performances in the heart of the Monchengladbach midfield.
His potential had led to interest from Arsenal with reports suggesting that Arsene Wenger has been keeping a close eye on the youngster in recent months ahead of a potential swoop.
We’ve now been handed a boost as Monchengladbach sporting director Max Eberl has been quoted in the Mirror as saying that Xhaka could be allowed to leave for the right price.
When asked about the midfielder leaving this month, Eberl said:
“It depends a bit on our own sporting success, it depends on Granit’s own performances and of course it depends on the figures.
“If they reach a certain level, then you could start to get dizzy. There are always situations in which every club would have to make considerations.”
Xhaka is a talented midfielder and he’s really making a name for himself in Germany after moving to Monchengladbach in 2012 having come through the youth ranks at FC Basel.
However, I personally don’t think Arsene will be rushing to bring in another central midfielder this month after signing Mohamed Elneny last week.
I think we’ll go with what we’ve got in midfield for the rest of the campaign and then look to bring someone else in this summer once Flamini, Arteta and Rosicky’s contract’s expire in June.
We’ll have to wait and see if the boss goes for Xhaka or another one of his targets but the Swiss international would be an interesting option if Arsene does decide to bring him to the Emirates.