- Wenger criticises Arsenal star after poor display v Burnley
- [Video] Arsenal boss pushes official in tunnel following sending off
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Xhaka flops, Sanchez shines
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Last Gasp Sanchez panenka pen wins it
- Teams: Arsenal v Burnley: Bellerin on bench, Gabriel starts
- Preview: Arsenal v Burnley, team news, Giroud out + prediction
- [Photos] Injured Arsenal man snapped back in training today
- “It’s possible” – World class Arsenal target drops hint over move
- Confirmed: FA announce key Arsenal star has signed new contract
- [Photo] Banner of Alexis Sanchez’s dogs installed at Emirates
Arsene Wenger confirms key duo will be fit to face Chelsea
Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez should be fit to face Chelsea next weekend.
Ozil failed to make today’s trip to the Britannia Stadium and he was certainly missed as we lacked creativity in the final third as we were held to a 0-0 draw by Stoke City.
Thankfully the boss says the German international only has a minor foot injury and is expected to be fit and available when Chelsea come to the Emirates next Sunday.
Sanchez has been out since suffering a hamstring injury way back in late November and he was being tipped to make his return to the squad this weekend.
Wenger decided not to take a risk on him today but thankfully the Chilean international should also be back in the team against Chelsea next week.
The boss is quoted as saying by Goal after the Stoke game:
“Mesut has a problem with his foot, an inflammation, but it’s very short term – very short term,”
“He’ll be back next week.”
When asked about Sanchez’s absence, the boss said….
“Because he was at 95 percent there, but with a muscular problem I didn’t want to take a gamble because if he has a setback now it’s three months,” he said when quizzed about why he did not select the former Barcelona attacker.
“I think he’s a few days away so it was not worth the gamble.”
So it looks as though we’ll have our key duo back to face Chelsea and it will be a welcome boost as they were sorely missed against Stoke this afternoon.