- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal eye big-money double swoop as Wenger plots summer shake-up
According to the Mirror, Arsene Wenger is plotting a summer shake-up that will see the Arsenal boss target two big-money signings with Victor Wanyama and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang among his key targets.
We’ve only just wrapped-up the signing of Egyptian midfielder Mohamed Elneny from Basel but the newspaper claims that Arsene will still look to bring in an established central midfielder in the summer.
This is because Mathieu Flamini, Mikel Arteta and Tomas Rosicky are all expected to leave the club over the coming months leaving the boss needing to bring in reinforcements in the middle of the park.
Flamini’s contract expires in June and he’s not being offered an extension while Rosicky is also set to become a free agent when his deal runs out at the end of the season. Arteta on the other hand could remain at the club when his deal expires but the Spaniard is set to move in to a coaching role and is already doing his badges.
Without the experienced trio, we need more bodies in midfield and the Mirror claim that Wenger has set his sights on finally luring Wanyama away from Southampton after tracking the Kenyan international for over two years.
The report also states that Arsene is expected to strengthen his striking options in the summer with Borussia Dortmund striker Aubameyang among his prime targets.
We’ve been linked with the Gabon international for some time but with Dortmund expect to try and resist attempts to take him from Germany this summer, the paper says Arsene is also eyeing Watford’s Odion Ighalo.
I’d be delighted if we could sign Wanyama and Aubameyang this summer but both players would command big fees so hopefully Arsene will be prepared to dig deep!