- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
Arsenal boss reveals attacker faces pre-Stoke fitness test
Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Alexis Sanchez faces a late fitness test ahead of Sunday’s Premier League clash with Stoke City.
Alexis has been on the sidelines for almost seven weeks after picking up a hamstring injury during our 1-1 draw at Norwich back in November.
The Chilean super-star was expected to be back in the squad for the Man City game last month but his comeback was put on hold after he suffered a set-back in training on the eve of the game.
However, Sanchez has been back in full training for nearly two weeks now and Arsene has revealed that he has a chance of making the trip to the Britannia Stadium this weekend.
Alexis will be monitored in training on Friday and Saturday but the results of a fitness test will determine whether he’ll be able to play on Sunday or have to wait until next weekend against Chelsea to make his comeback.
Speaking after our draw at Liverpool last night, Arsene told Arsenal.com:
I will be cautious now. There is an opportunity that he will be in the squad for Sunday. He will have a definite test on Saturday and Friday and Saturday will be two important days for him. It is not impossible that he will be involved.
Fingers crossed Alexis is passed fit as it will be a major boost to have him back in the squad. Although it will be interesting to see who Arsene decides to drop if he does return this weekend.
Joel Campbell has been in excellent form so Theo Walcott could find himself left-out if Alexis passes his fitness test on Saturday.