- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Wenger confirms huge injury blow as star ruled out of Liverpool game
Arsenal have been hit by a major injury blow with Arsene Wenger confirming that Alexis Sanchez won’t be fit in time to face Liverpool next week.
Alexis hasn’t featured for nearly six weeks since suffering a hamstring injury during our draw at Norwich in late November.
The Chilean super-star was in-line to make his comeback against Manchester City last month but that was put on hold after he suffered a set-back in training.
Sanchez was pencilled in to be in the squad to face Sunderland in tomorrow’s FA Cup third round clash but the boss ruled out that possibility in his team news update yesterday.
Many, myself included, thought we were simply holding Alexis back to make sure he was fit for our crucial trip to Anfield next Wednesday night.
However, the boss has now confirmed that the 26-year-old is still going to be short of fitness so will therefore miss the game against Liverpool next week.
The news is a huge blow as we’ve sorely missed Sanchez in recent weeks and his return would have been a big boost going in to what’s going to be a pivotal game with Arsenal looking to cement their place at the top of the table.
The good news is that Alexis should make his comeback against Stoke City next weekend so hopefully we can get a result at Anfield without him.
Wenger says Sanchez will not be ready to face Liverpool but could be available for Stoke next weekend.
— James Olley (@JamesOlley) January 8, 2016