- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Wenger confirms £7m deal should be wrapped-up within days
Arsenal are closing in on making their first signing of the January transfer window after Arsene Wenger confirmed we are days away from wrapping-up a deal for Mohamed Elneny.
The Egyptian international has been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates in recent weeks with Arsene desperate to bring in a central midfielder due to a number of injuries in the middle of the park.
ESPN claimed on Thursday that we had sent a delegation out to Switzerland to put the finishing touches on a £7m deal with FC Basel after Elneny had agreed personal terms and passed his medical.
There were suggestions that the deal might be announced today but Arsene has revealed that complications will delay the confirmation, but he hopes to get things tied-up in ‘two or three days’.
The boss told Arsenal.com:
on Mohamed Elneny…
It is complicated a little bit but we are working hard on it and hopefully in the next two or three days we will get to the end of it.
The delay is thought to be linked to Elneny getting a work permit but it looks like we’re confident of getting the deal over the line so by the end of the weekend the midfielder should be an Arsenal player.
The 23-year-old has been hugely impressive for Basel in recent seasons and his arrival will give us another vital option in the midfield area with the likes of Cazorla, Coquelin and Wilshere all out injured.