- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
- Ratings: Hat-trick hero Ozil shines as Arsenal thrash Ludogorets
- Video: Arsenal 6-0 Ludogorets: Ozil bags hat-trick in rout
- Teams: Arsenal v Ludogorets: Gibbs & Coquelin start
Arsenal table huge £44.7m bid for 27-goal striker – report
Some potentially exciting transfer news is doing the rounds today with reports suggesting that Arsenal have tabled a mammoth £44.7m bid for Borussia Dortmund star Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
The Gabon international has been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates over the past 18 months and speculation has been steadily intensifying in recent weeks.
Rumours have suggested that we’ve been in preliminary talks over a potential deal for the 26-year-old and it looks like we may now have formalised our interest in the form of an offer.
As reported in the Metro, Spanish journalist Kike Marin claims that Arsenal have submitted a €60m offer for Aubameyang’s services – which equates to around £44.7m. You can see his tweet below.
Marin has a mixed reputation as a journalist but he was one of the first to report on our deal for Alexis Sanchez so it’s easy to see why many Gooners are excited by his latest revelation.
Aubameyang is a superb talent and is the most in-form striker in Europe right now having scored 27 goals in 27 games, with 18 of those coming in the league, so he’d certainly add a real goal threat if he did join the club.
However, I personally don’t see anything happening this month as Dortmund are highly unlikely to sell mid-season so if we are to have any chance of signing Aubameyang, I reckon we’ll have to wait until the summer.
He’d be worth the wait though he’s a sensational player who I think would be a real hit in the Premier League and fit in perfectly with our style of play.
— Kike Marin** (@Kike_Marin_) January 7, 2016