- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal negotiating £15m midfielder deal, agent in London for talks
The transfer gossip is in full swing with the Telegraph reporting that Arsenal are in talks with the agent of Adrien Rabiot after opening talks with PSG over a potential £15m deal.
Rabiot is a name most of you should be familiar with as he’s been linked with a move to the Emirates for quite some time with Arsene Wenger believed to be a huge fan of the midfielder.
A transfer could now finally be in the pipeline as the Telegraph claim that Arsenal chiefs have now opened talks with PSG over a deal that would be worth around £15m.
Rabiot has supposedly informed PSG that he wants to leave in order to get more first team football as he’s desperate to secure a place in the France squad for Euro 2016.
The paper says that Rabiot’s agent, who is also his mother, is already in London to discuss terms with Arsenal ahead of a potential move so it seems things could be progressing nicely.
Obviously with it being transfer season it’s difficult to know how much we should look into this speculation and the Rabiot rumours resurface during every transfer window.
But with Arsene publicly admitting he needs midfield reinforcements following injuries to the likes of Cazorla, Coquelin, Wilshere and Arteta, a move for Rabiot certainly isn’t out of the question.
However, we’re expected to wrap-up the signing of Mohamed Elneny within the next 48 hours so I’m not convinced we’ll bring in another central midfielder this month.
Let’s see how things progress but as much as I’d love to see Rabiot arrive in North London, I’d personally be surprised if any deal was concluded in January.