- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
Photos: Arsenal midfielder steps up injury comeback with U21 run-out
Arsenal midfielder Mikel Arteta has stepped up his injury comeback after playing 45 minutes for the Under-21 side this afternoon.
Arteta has endured an injury plagued last 18 months with a chronic calf problems keeping him on the sidelines for long spells.
The latest recurrence of the injury happened during our 2-1 defeat at West Brom at the end of November, when Mikel was introduced as a substitute only to be forced off himself after scoring an own goal.
However, the Spaniard has been back in training recently and he stepped up his recovery after turning out for the Under-21 side at the clubs London Colney training ground on Tuesday afternoon.
Arteta completed forty-five minutes as the Under-21′s beat Blackburn Rovers 3-2 and the midfielder could now have put himself in the frame to feature in Saturday’s FA Cup third round clash with Sunderland.
Here are some photos from the game this afternoon: